Monday, May 2, 2011

My Wow Moment

I think my 'wow' moment this semester was the fact that so many students are striving to learn based on the use of technology! I am the type of person who LOVES to read books and write with a pen and paper, but so many students are not excited about that traditional way of learning. This is primarily because they are growing up in a world where you cannot communicate a certain way without using technology. I grew up in the write in your diary stage still a little bit, and then transitioned into online technology as a middle and high school student. These students are literally using technology at the age of 2 or 3! Like I said, I am a more traditional learning and would prefer to do things by hand most often, but I refuse to be that teacher who will not accept the change in technology. I want my students to learn the best way they can however that is. I want my students to be cultured though so that they use both books and technology though, so I plan to have them do projects that are have both in them. Here are some pictures that are proof of the importance of technology in today's student's lives.
Google Image Link

Google Image

Google Image

No comments:

Post a Comment