Monday, May 2, 2011

Semester Favorites

I enjoyed learning about all of the different resources we, as teachers, can use for our classrooms. There were so many and I hope I am able to find them when I log in to delicious so that I can make use of all the great resources! The number one part of the semester was learning about Prezi. I truly have always hated PowerPoint because of how limited it is. I feel very strongly about providing images and videos for students to relate to, but PowerPoint made it very difficult to do this well. I still need to mess with Prezi more, but I plan to use it for sure when I'm a teacher rather than PowerPoint. Here is a screen capture of what Prezi kind of looks like:

Another extremely fun project we did this semester was Animoto. I am truly considering getting a subscription so that I can make longer videos. I would use this in my classroom to grab student's attentions, but also teach them how they can make these. I think they would love to use animoto for a project. I think students should participate in technological projects as well as paper and pen projects so this could be one of them. Here is a screen capture of what different features you can have in the background of your video.

No comments:

Post a Comment