Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kansas Education Portal Reflection

I love how universal Kan Ed is! In one of my Block I classes we just recently talked about how important it is to incorporate general learning topics into your lessons, for example how to properly interview for a job. I went to from Kan Ed and found the most specific links for interviewing for a job! Some examples of different links available are: preparing for an interview, sample interview questions, and dress for success. I think I will find netTrecker extremely useful in my teaching years.

On the acutal Kan Ed site there are things like National Geographic Picture of the Day, Daily History, NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day, etc. which I think would be a very neat way to start off class and begin lessons. This is pertinent information since it's history and going on presently, and could be very interesting to students.

The database seems like a great resource for students to use. It is targeted at middle school or junior high students and would be a great database for them to use for research. I never knew about databases until my freshman year of college so I think it would be beneficial for students in middle school and high school to have access to these reliable database resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment