Sunday, March 6, 2011

Podcast Reflection 5: Speed of Creativity

February 28, 2011

I listened to the podcast “Tags Are Ways to See Things” on Moving at the Speed of Creativity by Wesley A. Fryer. This podcast was very interesting to me because before I clicked on it, I had no idea what they meant by tags. I wanted to find out so I listened and realized how great of ideas these people have. I think the collaboration of students and teachers online are great ways of learning, but the lack of tagging on sites is making everything much less credible and a lot harder to find. Wesley said that tagging requires schema or knowledge and I believe that a lot of people don’t tag because they can easily upload something without having any background knowledge to provide with it and still get hits. By adding that knowledge to whatever is posted online, is what helps people most and is what really matters. The idea of art snacks was brought up also and I loved the point made. The lady said that students and teachers should be collaborating online like for example, having ten minute art lessons that incorporate other subject curriculum at the same time. She made a great point against those who say that students might curse or say inappropriate things if they are allowed to post online. She asked if they closed school when one student cursed in the hallway and of course the answer is no.

No comments:

Post a Comment